|• Total||5.47 sq mi (14.17 km2)|
|• Land||5.47 sq mi (14.17 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||249 ft (76 m)|
|• Density||2,777.51/sq mi (1,072.40/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||215, 267, and 445|
|GNIS feature ID||1177472|
Horsham is a census place in Horsham Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 15,193 at the 2020 census. It is home to the Biddle Air National Guard Base at the former site of Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Willow Grove.
The climate in Horsham is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally cool to cold winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Horsham has a humid continental climate, abbreviated "Dfa" on climate maps.
Horsham Township is named after the town of Horsham in West Sussex County, England. Horsham is one of several townships in Montgomery County whose name and size were determined by master survey lines drawn by William Penn's engineers as they first plotted this part of the colony for sale and settlement. Parallel lines, projected at intervals of a mile and a half and extending in a northwesterly direction from settlements along the Delaware, served not only as base lines for measurement of individual land grants but also as courses for future highways.
County Line Road, Horsham Road, and Welsh Road are examples of highways thus laid out. The effect of these survey lines upon the development pattern of Eastern Montgomery County is very much in evidence today.
As of the 2020 census, Horsham's population was 81.7% Non-Hispanic White, 3.1% Black or African American, 0% Native American and Alaskan Native, 7.7% Asian, 0% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, 2.6% were two or more races. 12.2% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry.
There were 15,173 people and 5,666 households residing in Horsham. The population density was 2,777.5 inhabitants per square mile (1,072.4/km2). The population was spread out, with 25.5% under the age of 18, and 17.3% who were 65 years of age or older.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $85,767, and the median income for a family was $68,619. The per capita income for the CDP was $41,747. About 3.8% of the population were below the poverty line.
Companies located in Horsham:
- Arris Group, telecommunications equipment manufacturer
- Ball Corporation, aerosol can manufacturer
- Benjamin Obdyke Incorporated, building materials manufacturer
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Janssen, pharmaceutical company
- NCO Group, Inc., debt collection company
- Nutrisystem, diet company
- Penn Mutual, life insurance company
- Toll Brothers, construction company
- Music Choice, cable music company
- NextGen, software company
- Walmart, northeast headquarters
- Zenescope Entertainment, publisher of comics and graphic novels
Public schools in Horsham are part of the Hatboro-Horsham School District. Students in grades six through eight attend Keith Valley Middle School. Students in grades nine through 12 attend Hatboro-Horsham Senior High School.
A Catholic grade school, Our Lady of Mercy Regional Catholic School, is located nearby, in Maple Glen. Our Lady of Mercy was formed in 2012 following the merger of St. Catherine of Siena in Horsham, St. Anthony-St. Joseph in Ambler, and St. Alphonsus in Maple Glen.
The four public elementary schools include Blair Mill Elementary School, Crooked Billet Elementary School, Hallowell Elementary School, and Dorothea H. Simmons Elementary School.
Major roads in Horsham include Pennsylvania Route 611, which runs north–south through the community along Easton Road; Horsham Road, which heads northwest–southeast through the community and is designated as Pennsylvania Route 463 west of Pennsylvania Route 611; Pennsylvania Route 63, which runs northwest–southeast along the southwestern edge of Horsham on Welsh Road; County Line Road, which runs northwest–southeast along the border with Bucks County at the northeastern edge of the community; Blair Mill Road, which runs southwest–northeast along the southeastern edge of Horsham; Dresher Road, which runs southwest–northeast between Welsh Road and Pennsylvania Route 611; Meetinghouse Road, which runs southwest–northeast from Pennsylvania Route 611 at Dresher Road to County Line Road; and Norristown Road, which heads west from Horsham Road towards Maple Glen. The Willow Grove Interchange of the Pennsylvania Turnpike is located to the south in neighboring Upper Moreland Township, connecting to Pennsylvania Route 611.
SEPTA provides bus service in Horsham. The Route 55 bus follows Pennsylvania Route 611 through the community and heads north to Doylestown and south to Willow Grove and Olney Transportation Center in North Philadelphia. Three additional bus routes serve the business parks in Horsham. The Route 80 bus runs a limited-stop express route between Horsham and the Olney Transportation Center. The Route 310 bus, known as the Horsham Breeze Red, and the Route 311 bus, known as the Horsham Breeze Blue, connect the Horsham business parks to the Willow Grove Park Mall and the Willow Grove station along SEPTA Regional Rail's Warminster Line.
Ukrainian American Sports Centre – Tryzub. Horsham Soccer Club Horsham Hawks Horsham Hounds: a Suburban baseball team, home games are played at Deep Meadow Park HHoops Basketball
- "ArcGIS REST Services Directory". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 12, 2022.
- "Census Population API". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 12, 2022.
- "Horsham". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "ZIP Code 19002". UnitedStatesZipCodes.org.
- "Horsham, Pennsylvania Köppen Climate Classification (Weatherbase)". Weatherbase. Retrieved August 28, 2023.
- "Horsham History – Horsham Township PA". www.horsham.org. Retrieved August 17, 2022.
- "Census 2020".
- "Horsham, Pennsylvania". census.gov. Retrieved August 28, 2023.
- Home. Bimbo Bakeries USA. Retrieved on November 17, 2012. "255 Business Center Dr. | Horsham, PA 19044"
- "2012 Catholic grade school consolidations/closings". Catholicphilly.com. July 15, 2012. Retrieved April 22, 2020.
- "Hatboro-Horsham School District / Homepage". www.hatboro-horsham.org. Retrieved April 18, 2022.
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania Highway Map (PDF) (Map). PennDOT. 2015. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- SEPTA Official Transit & Street Map Suburban (PDF) (Map). SEPTA. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "Route 55 bus schedule" (PDF). SEPTA. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- "Route 80 bus schedule" (PDF). SEPTA. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "Route 310 bus schedule" (PDF). SEPTA. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- "Route 311 bus schedule" (PDF). SEPTA. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- "Ukrainian American Sports Centre – Tryzub". Retrieved August 28, 2023.